Saturday, August 1, 2009

More Kismet adventures







I got to have my own personal connection to Kismet on this trip. I went to the community i was born in called Usk, now population 5.
I crossed the Skeena river via a one-car ferry, saw the house my Dad built and met the man who's mother saw me take my first steps. We drank beers under a gazebo with some old-timers who remembered my family. It was a lovely feeling of going home. I briefly contemplated quitting theatre, buying land up there and homesteading untill i heard about the 8 month winters.
After the interviews, Hazel and i watched Midge roll around in something smelly for an hour. We were so tired we just thought it was the funniest thing we had ever seen
Our Kismet trip was complete in Usk. We were amazed and satisfied and filled with peoples powerful stories. It was time to start heading home.

No comments:

Post a Comment